For example, one of the most well known cases of this is national defense budgets. The US defense budget, in 1st place, is greater than the next 9 combined.
Some other instances of 1 = 2-9:
- countries with the most airports
- money spent on advertising
- # of astronauts (through USSR/Russia has/had astronauts with more experience)
- accidental deaths: by motor vehicles = about the next 9 places
- the Bible is the top-selling book of all time, way more than the next 9 places
- the USSR had far more military losses in WW2 than any other country; China had the most civilian losses (at the hands of the brutal Japanese)