Tuesday, March 7

Special Un-Oscar edition

I had almost no interest in watching the Oscars. I haven't seen any of those movies. My movie-watching has fallen off precipitously. My biggest interest, by far, was John Stewart hosting, and I only read about that. I certainly did not watch the Oscars. I almost don't care at all about the 'celebrities' and their 'fashions'.

+ Jaq (Byzantium's Shores) uandor has a post on the Oscars that I almost totally agree with (excepting the Star Wars stuff).
  • I kind of like George Clooney (though everybody I agree with on international politics thought 'Syriana' was tripe).
  • If movies are losing their theater-going customers, it's because of the crappy movies and the prices. Only really stupid people, like the RIAA and the MPAA blame their customers when their own monopolistic marketing of mularkey results in less money! (This rant has been brought to you by the letter 'M' ;-)
+ Matthew (defective yeti) Baldwin has a funny piece quoting critical pans of Oscar winners.

No comments: