Friday, March 3

Disney, Cemex and Gmail

+ Some elderly Americans are foregoing retirement homes in favor of living permanently on cruise ships . I've had this in my inbox for a while to forward to Christine, but I think I'll post it instead. I wonder if this is the kind of thing she might like to do someday... If they have the elder-hostel-live-at-Disney-World-and-on-the-cruise-line package I'm sure she'll do it. In which case, I'll visit her, but I hope virtuality is good by then, because I'll be living in Iowa (maybe with Wil) ;-)

+ Whoa. Saw a Cemex truck go by out the window. That's Cement Mexico (Anglicized) for those of you not in the know. They used to be in the Wired 50 for having GPS in their trucks and deploying them while they were on the road instead of from the factory. Didn't know they were on the loose here in the States, least of all South Carolina.

+ Gmail update: some of you are wondering 'Why in the fool do I have all of this piddly little email from Sean?' Stuff I've been meaning to get to. And now I have my Gmail box down to 46 messages. Yay me!

On the down side, I stopped scanning and emptying my spam folder February 19th and now I'm up to 1019 messages therein. 'asktom-at-thomaspmbarnett-dot-com', on which I get copied, get's A LOT of spam. :-( I wish there was a setting on Gmail to either immediately delete spam or just not show how many are in there. (There is a Greasemonkey script for that, I think, but I don't want to fool with it.)

No comments: