Friday, May 25

Is email crushing your soul?

You might need to declare email bankruptcy.

This applies to Inbox Zero, of course. I'm not there, but I've been improving.

Of course, as I always say, the problem with answering email is: it begets more email.

Fewer emails need to be sent, forwarded, and CC-ed. (I am a culprit here.)

Free yourself by answering emails more briefly, if you can (though I find terse emails can often induce miscommunication and/or bitterness).

More emails need to be simply deleted. More need to be never read. More need to be unsubscribed (along with feeds, if you're addicted that way, too).

Most of us need to find ways to pare down what we do, to de-clutter literally and figuratively.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I just want to Get (a few) Thing Done. I'm not looking to be a world-beater. And I'd say, though improvement is possible, of course, that I'm doing pretty well these days. I'm happy about it.

4 comments:

donnjohnson said...

Yes

Anonymous said...

C'mon Sean, you mean to tell me that everyone doesn't toss their e-mail at the end of the week? Opened, needing answer, notification of impending doom, other folks dirty work, POOF! AMF! The guy in the link? Wife, partner, kids well, uh, um, ah they'll get back to me. Blame gmail is all I can say. Rut roh. ;~)

Anonymous said...

Said I'da jumped that Metroliner(?) in Trenton, no? ;~)

Sean Meade said...

donn: doubt you'll come back, but that is a funny answer :-)

GLASR: you had me until wife, partner, kids... ;-)