Monday, August 29

Saturday's post (posted on monday)

Starting early for a saturday; it's 6am. Woke up about an hour ago and couldn't sleep. Nap this afternoon

+ Aaron's little sister has started weblogging and she's getting after the quizzes. I'll play along on a couple:
  • The Nerd, Geek, or Dork? Test
    • Pure Nerd: 78 % Nerd, 43% Geek, 8% Dork -- a little more geek and less nerd than Amanda. That makes sense to me since I'm mostly over the PTSD my Master's degree gave me and I'm probably more into geek stuff (eg, Internet, comic books). I'll buy these definitions for the sake of conversation. (You know you're a nerd when you edit someone else's title for their test and notice misspellings ;-)
  • The Sorting Hat Test
    • GRYFFINDOR:20% Slytherin, 20% Ravenclaw, 72% Gryffindor, and 36% Hufflepuff!
  • But The Harry Potter Wand Test is going too far. Not gonna' do it.
+ Inveighing against the 'Iraq is Vietnam' virus, Mark writes:

Perhaps we should have a contest to see what other specious antiwar Iraq analogies we can inject into the debate. Bonus points for historical obscurity. The winner is the first blogger who finds somebody on the Left using their slogan seriously.

I open with " Iraq will be America's Agincourt !"

My entry:

for the discouraged conservative, i give you: Thermopylae! sure, we're fighting for freedom. it may even make a difference. but those unwashed barbarian hordes will keep at us and find the back way in until they've killed every last man and woman.

No comments: