Friday, August 1

Friday weigh-in

203.5. Pretty good, but the initial loss is always the fastest. It's like the body wants to shed weight.

So, I'm encouraged - 3 pounds in 4 days - but I know it's probably not a number indicative of the days to come.

And don't worry: I ate pretty normally. In fact, I ate MORE on the Points program than I'd been eating under my own 1500 calorie program.

That may have been part of the problem. There were some indications that maybe I wasn't eating enough in my previous attempt. It'll be REALLY interesting to see if eating more actually helps me lose weight.

So, keep wishing me well and praying and thanks for all the support so far!

4 comments:

Shawn said...

Totally with you on the diet history thing. Many things, temporary success. Trying to get from 6'0" and 220, down to 180. I've tried Hacker's, Atkins, and online WW.

The one that I'm doing now is a real simple, generic high(ish) metabolism diet. Trying to make each meal roughly 1/2 veggies/fruit, 1/4 protein, 1/4 complex fiber. Snacking on fruit regularly through the day, and then not eating a thing after supper.

What's helped me is getting a bunch of different veggies and then cutting them up to make a huge bowl of salad that'll last 4-5 days. That way it's easy to fill half of my plate with a whole bunch of salad. Add some low-fat cottage cheese and a reasonable amount of dressing for taste and it really fills me up so I don't eat a whole bunch of heavier stuff.

Sean Meade said...

we're like the same person. i've tried all of those same diets.

thanks for the salad suggestion. not a big veggie eating, so i think i'll stick with the low points WW snacks for now ;-)

best wishes!

Benet said...

I'm with you all on all the diets! Sean, just remember to eat all your daily and weekly points. It really does make a difference!

Sean Meade said...

thanks, B! keep hangin' with me! :-)