- I feel dumb about this, but I never thought of the burst of the dot-com bubble as a good thing, Of course it was. Duh me.
- 'We coined the term.'
- Pretty good list of 1.0 v. 2.0.
- tags, APIs, Ajax, reputation (wuffie), participative, collaborative, web as platform, perpetual beta (ready, fire, aim), mashups (hacks, extensions, plugins, rip/mix/burn), 'wisdom of crowds', open source, creative commons, feeds
- 5 pages! He's got a lot to say (I guess).
- Hate to say it, but a lot of these principles were in Kevin Kelly's seminal New Rules for a New Economy.
- I read articles like this and think, more than ever, that Microsoft's dominance will end very soon. They won't be able to keep up with these nimble upstarts.
- Search and tags (folsonomy) trump sort and organize (ontology) every time.
- Successful new companies serve ordinary customers and no or low cost to the customers and add 'em up: eBay, Amazon, PayPal, Google. This includes the much touted 'long tail'.
Saturday, October 1
Wherein the author capitalizes on the Wired article on him this month What Is Web 2.0 . My thoughts:
Posted by Sean Meade on Saturday, October 01, 2005