Sunday, February 25

Iowa wrestling

The Iowa City West wrestling team beat Waverly-Shell Rock at state. I spent 4 years in Waverly, but my heart belongs to IC ;-)

Plus, do you know I wrestled up through seventh grade? Can't remember when I started, though. Second grade?

Further, U of I was once a wrestling powerhouse and Wartburg is currently.

Check out this quote:
"A freshman techs his guy in the finals at 130," older brother Nate Moore said. "That's pretty studly."
Bonus points for using 'tech' as a verb and 'studly'. Way to go, West.

3 comments:

Macon said...

Awesome! I didn't know you wrestled! Kinda fits, though. :-)

j streed said...

Well, I hope West won . . . it's now more than twice the size of W-SR ;-)

Not that school size matters much in wrestling, though--I imagine tiny Don Bosco (Gilbertville) would hold their own against most 3-A schools.

Sean Meade said...

M: if by 'fits' you mean 'physically dominated, mano a mano, in front of spectators' :-(

J: i hate it when you defend Northern Iowa schools at the expense of your alma mater ;-)