+ I finally found something I disagree with Tom on: Not only is he dismayed by the new choice of Pope, he disparages JP2, too. Part of the difference here is that (I infer) Tom is more theologically liberal than I am. I think he wants more progression.
Since I'm a Barnettan, I wanted a New Core or Gap Pope, too. But this will probably be a transition papacy. How long can B16 really be expected to live? He'll probably stay the course, not be as popular as JP2, provide a little buffer. The Church can get a better fix on what they want in the next Pope. And we can cross our fingers for someone from the global south.
+ Lookee here: Baby brother's got a weblog.
+ I have been contributing links to Tim's Google Sat repository.
- Iowa State Capitol
- the Hubert H Humphrey Metrodome
- the Minnesota State Capitol
- I corrected the location of the Biltmore House, though it's so blurry it won't do you much good.
- Madison's a cool town, so I sent in an entry: The beautiful Wisconsin Capitol Building. Zoom out to see how beautifully situated Madison is between and around two lakes. Scroll west to the University of Wisconsin. Take in Camp Randall Stadium. The Student Union has a dock (look at the boats!) and serves beer.
- Also decided to look up Camp David. It wasn't really obvious, as you can imagine. Don't think I could have nailed it without eyeball. (I tell you what: You look at that sight long enough, you could get pretty anxious...)
- And here's a new one before Tim gets it: Grand Coulee Dam, the largest single producer of electricity in the United States and one of the largest concrete structures in the world.
- OK, I'm inspired(obsessed): No decent pix of the U of I or Wartburg, so I give you UNI: a shot with the UNIDome (though something funky's going on with the roof), and a shot of the center of campus with the Bell Tower/Carillon/Whatever-It's-Called. (Help me here, Jason. And, would you pick a different center of campus?)