Friday, April 8

Grab-bag

(Titled in honor of Jaq's name for these mish-mash posts of mine. And I hope you haven't minded these posts because, for my part, I've gotten my saved Bloglines posts down under 10.)

+ Google Q&A is just what I want. I've never used Ask Jeeves much, but I've been using Brainboost some.

+ Blogger says we don't have to lose posts anymore. Let's hope so.

+ I'm listening to Terry Gross' interview with Brad Bird right now.

+ I'm planning on experimenting some with Google SMS.

+ Humor tags for Matthew's latest post: Google Maps Satellite Matthew Baldwin defective yeti image lol. If any of those tags interest you, and you haven't seen it yet, check it out!

+ 25 Favorite Sesame Street Memories. This guy must be a little younger than me, but his post fires some fond memories, especially numbers 23, 21, 18, 16 especially, 12 for sure. One he didn't mention: Furry Happy Monsters.

+ Even the headlines on the Jackson case are disgusting.

+ Tom talks about how the Baathists are on the outs. Add to that the accusations of corruption in the interim administration...

+ Rolling Stone's Immortals 1-50 and 51-100 (via DJMM). No complaints from me in the top 50: either I don't know enough to quibble or I'm fine with the choices.

Had a buddy ask me the most influential American band last summer and we came up with the Beach Boys, which is what RS says.

I find it hard to believe that Aerosmith is influential enough to rate 57. Radiohead's 73 seems a little early.

No comments: