Friday, June 29

2 links, then bed

+ kottke's right about Facebook: it is the new AOL. it's proprietary, and that's not good. soon, someone will give us the same connectivity in an open platform and Facebook will go back to being a college hangout. For now, Facebook is fun. When someone offers me the same stuff on an open platform, including tracking Facebook, I'm outta there.

+ Gingrich urges moving beyond party lines in Iowa City visit. My memory of Gingrich is pure, unadulterated partisanism. So, you know what? He doesn't get a hearing on this from me.

6 comments:

Jim said...

Now that I think about it, Facebook is a little walled off, and tries to promote their own kind of web subculture...I agree with you. It's a little frustrating (as you know, I'm new to it anyhow)...if someone sucseeds in developing an open platform, the company founder (what's his name?) will wish he took the billion dollars for the company!

Dan tdaxp said...

Gingrich has worked with Sen. Clinton on health-care reform for years.

Sean Meade said...

J: yeah. 1B is a lot of money

D: good point

Dan tdaxp said...

Plus recall that Clinton's greatest accomplishments (Peso bailout, NAFTA, WTO, Welfare Reform) were down with Gingrich as either the Republican whip or the Speaker.

Anonymous said...

"easier even still dim memory ....." Oopsey, didn't see Dan up there. Used " ". Where's that from Dan? Your head? Just curious. I'm in love with that and Sean's "sketchy". :~\ ooowwwwwwch!
C'mon dude Newt gave us that(loosely quoted) "ya wan sumore of that?" tag that got hung on Dubya. Plus, he loves your girlfriend, Billary! HA! ;~)

I like him because he's an insurpassabale(un?) historian. President? Noeffenthankyou.

PS Your string got thrown out with your calling method! Firebug. HA! ;~)

Jim said...

Sean,
Where are you hiding? Go check my Blog...my favorite cause is back in the news...not 9/11 ...health care. I have a challenge for you!
See ya.