Tuesday, June 5

We need more Facebook

I absolutely love Facebook's design and interface. The News Feed on your homepage is SO great. Unlike MySpace, where you have to go visit people's pages and there might or might not be something interesting, in Facebook, it comes to you.

It just occurred to me, while checking some feeds and sites, that the app I really want is something like Facebook for the whole web: that kind of integrated news, all in one place, running conversation threads.

I'm sure we'll get this soon. And, actually, it could be from Facebook.

You see, Facebook is getting a lot of (geek) press for the open API (standards) they just rolled out. They already allow me to automatically post from my weblog feed to Facebook...

I say, bring it on.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

U got an account?

Sean Meade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sean Meade said...

sure do. see it listed up there under my picture? ;-)

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=777820505

Elliot said...

Interesting point. Is the difference between Facebook and MySpace only in functionality and convenience? There seems to be a greater divide-- just in the appearance of the sites and the audiences they target.

Sean Meade said...

no, Elliot. you're right. there are many other differences.

i guess i was coming from the place of how i use them. but design and audience also play into my enjoyment of Facebook.

Macon said...

I think that the difference between Facebook & MySpace is that the former has zoning rules and the latter doesn't.

But maybe that just the bourgeoisie in me talking.

Sean Meade said...

i'd say it's both, Macon. you probably jog, too, which i always say is so bourgeois ;-)

i like the zoning metaphor