Friday, June 24

Thursday's links, a little late

+ Alright, I'll link it: AFI's 100 Years...100 Movie Quotes. Two of the top 3 by Brando. Dude could deliver a line. Plus, is it just me, or are most of the top lines delivered by men? Does that mean anything?

The kottke comments
The top 400

+ I'm not linking them all, but now that Google Sat has expanded, Google Sightseeing is posting lots of international sites - you know, Eiffel Tower, the Pyramids, the Forbidden City, stuff like that.

+ Google Wallet is coming, but it's not what they thought (that is, not a PayPal attack). (via kottke)

+ Loooong article on Hillary's chances to win the Democratic Presidential nomination and the ensuing race. A poll of Repub and Dem insiders with comments. The comments run the gamut, so you just have to pick who you think is right. I like Hillary fine, but I don't think she can be a centrist, 'it's the economy, stupid', I feel you pain and value your values (and, like you, don't live them out), (Bill) Clinton Democrat. Therefore, I think she might win the nomination, but I don't think she could win the presidency. And if the Democrats are serious about winning, they better someone else and line up behind him (I use that last masculine pronoun advisedly, though not preferentially).

No comments: