Sunday, June 12

I'm it: Movie survey

Aaron's back from being a new dad to answer Jaq's tag and then Aaron tagged me, so here we go:

1. Total number of films I own on DVD/video:
16 (+ 6 in the 'I don't really need to keep these, do I?' pile). I'm not counting Christine's or the twins', except for 'The Incredibles', because it's so great.

2. The last film I bought:
'The Incredibles' for the twins.

3. The last film I watched:
'The Secret of NIMH' after having read the excellent children's book 'Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH'. The film was not excellent.

4. Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me:
  1. 'Raising Arizona' (like Aaron). So funny.
  2. 'The Hunt for Red October'. The only movie I've ever watched again the next morning. I almost never get tired of watching this movie. That goes for none of the other Clancy adaptations, but would for a basically unabridged 'Red Storm Rising', but that would be way too long to watch again the next day, so forget it.
  3. 'Star Wars: ANH, TESB, and ROTJ'. Shaped my childhood imagination.
  4. 'The Incredibles'. Have I mentioned I love this movie? ;-)
  5. 'Lord of the Rings'. Helpful supplement to the excellent novels ;-)
5. Tag 5 people and have them put this in their journal/blog:
(Jeez. I don't really have many 'friends who would write back when two have already done it' on the Blogroll, do I?)
  1. Jason
  2. Brad
  3. From 'Stokes Kith and King', let's try Walter. (Certainly not Macon, since he didn't watch 'Gattaca'* when I insisted over and over that he should ;-)
  4. Eric
  5. Bill H

* Holey mackerel! I knew 'Gattaca' must have meant something, but never put it together until I typed it just now. The title's made up only of letters we use to identify nucleotides in DNA! Google search. But you'd probably already thought of that, right? What can I say... I'm sharp ;-)

No comments: