Tuesday, February 18

Did you see that Google has purchased Pyra Labs (Blogger)? That's got to be a good thing, right? getting the good guys together.

For more info, check out the links at the end of Dan Gillmor's column. One of the links there is Dave Winer's Long Bet that 'In a Google search of five keywords or phrases representing the top five news stories of 2007, weblogs will rank higher than the New York Times' Web site.' It'll happen, and I look forward to it. Or, you know, Google it.

More: Cory Doctorow has extensive commentary. One feature I can imagine is a Google search where you can turn on/off: standard news sites, weblogs, other. Then allow me to personalize it: to do Google searches on specific websites that I like/trust. Let me rate sites to affect my personal searches. Let me find a way to sort out geocities sites (and blogspot sites, for that matter) that are worth something.

No comments: