Saturday, June 14

Totally 80s!

[I wrote this post yesterday, but held it because of the Iowa post. I'll have another Iowa post later today, but I go ahead and post this because life does go on.]

LuiscmckI has put up 149 videos on YouTube, most of which are 80s music videos ripped from tv.

I've watched quite a few of these recently, inspired some by Mr Maudlin himself (his word).

Be warned: many of these videos really stink. That in itself may take you back. Or you can just listen and not watch.

I'll list a few good ones for you:

Kiss On My List
Stand
Rock You Like A Hurricane
Keep On Loving You
Straight Up
Mad About You
Rock The Casbah
Walking On Sunshine
Our House
Don't Answer Me
Cherish
All I Need Is A Miracle
Blue Monday '88
Venus
Orinoco Flow
Everlasting Love
Romancing The Stone
Sunglasses at Night
This Charming Man
Come On Eileen
Video Killed The Radio Star
Heaven Is A Place On Earth
Call Me
We Built This City
Oh Sherry
Getting Away With It
Living On a Prayer
(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right...

And don't forget what I said: some of these videos really stink. But I like all of the songs.

How about you? What are your favorites on this list or over at the LuiscmckI link?

4 comments:

Brad B. said...

Sean, is there any way to get a playlist going with all of these to play back to back? I found a way to MAKE a playlist, but not a way to view one on this guy's channel..

therealkimaliczi said...

I was just singing "Walking on Sunshine" on Sunday while dancing through the church parking lot! Always loved that song...

Sean Meade said...

Brad: good question. i don't honestly know. i just open the ones i want in new tabs...

Kim: yep, great song. manically danceable! :-)

Anonymous said...

The Clash. Can't go wrong there. ;~)