Saturday, June 7

'Our long national nightmare is over'

Major overstatement, but I am glad the Democratic race has finished.

But not as glad to see Hillary lose as Mark ;-)

The CNN article he links has this section which really stood out to me:
Her image as a tested leader left her open to attacks on two fronts: from those who questioned the extent of that experience -- and from the overwhelming majority of Americans who told pollsters they were eager for wholesale change.

The thought of a Clinton following a Bush following a Clinton following a Bush hardly seemed to fit the national mood.

5 comments:

Jim said...

"Nightmare", funny. :-)

Sean Meade said...

thanks Jim :-) do you know the quote?

Kathy said...

Gerald Ford?

Jim said...

I had forgotten. Good thing my memory is going during the Google age...Ford gets credit...right?
:-)

La Frog said...

I'm sad we won't have a bitch in the White House. It's just what we needed!