Tuesday, August 22

Umm, this was supposed to post yesterday...

+ kottke linked a while ago to salad days, which I know and love from the opening monologue of Raising Arizona.

The phrase was coined in Shakespeare's Antony and Cleopatra in 1606. In the speech at the end of Act One in which Cleopatra is regretting her youthful dalliances with Julius Caesar she says:

"...My salad days, / When I was green in judgment, cold in blood..."
Ol Will S - he could really turn a phrase, you know it? ;-)

+ Matt Haughey links to Demote Pluto! saying 'no!' As I wrote before, I'm inclined to agree with the demotion of Pluto...

+ Belated, public thanks over here to Jaq for picking me up in Sentential Links #61.

+ Did you see How to Win Every Time in Monopoly? Basic, statistical-type stuff, but interesting.

No comments: