Wednesday, August 2

flotsam

kottke linked:

+ the website for the book Imagining the Tenth Dimension. Interesting, especially the flash animations. A couple questions:

1. I can't find a reference now, but haven't I read that they posit a specific number of dimensions of space and dimensions of time? Does this model allow for that?

2. I would not define 'infinity' as I believe this model does, as 'all possible timelines'. I would define it, time-wise, as something like this timeline going forward. However, from an orthodox Christian view, we believe that this timeline will come to an end. Also, you can argue that God is outside of our timeline. Is God in infinity?

+ A cool article about how allied statisticians very accurately estimated German tank production based on the serial numbers of captured tanks .

No comments: