Friday, July 20

Are you addicted to weblogging?

Brad came out 82% 'addicted to blogging'. I, of course, came out higher than that, but I'm a pro ;-)

87%How Addicted to Blogging Are You
Brad commented, sort of in passing:
It used to be considered healthy to have an avocation or hobby. But now anything you really get into is framed in the language of addiction.
That inspired my comment:
unfortunately, 'addiction' has come to commonly mean, among other things, 'really love'. like the CCM 'I'm addicted to Jesus'. too imprecise.

for my part, i think we should keep a semi-clinical definition of addiction. everyone who fails to comply must read Gerald May's excellent Addiction and Grace ;-)

the only question in the survey i thought might point to actual addiction was 'Have you ever skipped something you were supposed to do, like a deadline or homework, to blog'

but i fit other intimations in the quiz in that i'm thinking i'll cross-post this excellent comment to my own weblog ;-)

4 comments:

Christine said...

Hmmm... not sure I'd say you're addicted to blogging, but if someone asked about Civilization IV...

Dan tdaxp said...

I'm only 72%... good job!

Jim said...

Christine...that's funny! (Civ IV)

Oh, I am only 50%...not even on the radar!

Sean Meade said...

C: Jim's right. very funny. and yours, this weekend, was Harry Potter(n)

D: good job me or you?

there must be something wrong with this test, because you're a much more dedicated personal weblogger than i am. of course, my job...

J: i don't know. maybe there weren't enough questions about YouTube ;-)