Friday, July 15

Friday

(Named for Frige)

+ This story blows my mind. Might as well just quote the whole thing from kottke:

Here's a story that mentions that Slashdot commenter that outsourced his job , By jkottke
 
"About a year ago I hired a developer in India to do my job. I pay him $12,000 out of the $67,000 I get. He's happy to have the work. I'm happy that I have to work only 90 minutes a day just supervising the code. My employer thinks I'm telecommuting. Now I'm considering getting a second job and doing the same thing."

+ I see the proliferation of Google Mapps related to earlier developments of the planetary chalkboard and GeoURL.

+ If you're interested in mashups at all, you should check out Good Blimey Tunes. He has an amazing array of mashups all in one place. Here's a strategy. Scroll through and look for a song you like. Intrigued by the mashup? Can you stand the vs. artist? Give it a try...

+ defective yeti humor tags: Google Earth Starbucks Seattle Hipster Density.

No comments: