Wednesday, August 4

Interview with Lance

PL: Lance, one moment that impressed us as you came home for that sprint with Basso as you came up the Plateau was you sat up, rode no handed, pulled your zip up, and proceeded to win the stage – what was going on?

LA: Well I knew I was on a good day and I knew we were going to come to the line together and it was going to be a sprint. I knew I wasn’t going to get worse than second(!) and I knew I had a good chance of winning and it’s the responsible thing to do. You zip it up and make sure that the people who make it possible for you to do the things you do are represented on the front pages of the newspapers around the world.

cite (you might have to register)

Dude's got the strength and presence of mind after 100+ miles to zip up his jersey for the sake of his advertisers. Unbelievable...

No comments: