Saturday, March 24

Ryan and I were there early, so we went into other theaters to watch the previews. I love previews.

But the movies previewed were pretty disappointing: 'Swordfish' looks lame and I'm tired of John Travolta again. I make it a rule to stay away from Jerry Bruckheimer movies, but we'll have to see with 'Pearl Harbor'. That new Banderas/Jolie movie looks stupid. 'The Mummy Returns'. 'A Knight's Tale'.

Attention: there are some more really crappy movies coming out. Fortunately, most of them don't open very widely.

'Bridget Jones' Diary' looked like it has potential. I sure like the actors: Colin Firth, Renee Zellweeger, and Hugh Grant. Grant looks like he's playing a less diffident role for a change, so that's promising. Did you notice how Julia Roberts couldn't really hang with him in their scenes in 'Notting Hill'?

'Moulin Rouge' by Baz Luhrmann will probably be amazing. Unfortunately, I won't be seeing it. I know my limits.

'Planet of the Apes' looks promising.

I'd really like to see 'House of Mirth'.

You know how to look these up yourself if you want to, right?

No comments: