1. Total number of films I own on DVD/video:
16 (+ 6 in the 'I don't really need to keep these, do I?' pile). I'm not counting Christine's or the twins', except for 'The Incredibles', because it's so great.
2. The last film I bought:
'The Incredibles' for the twins.
3. The last film I watched:
'The Secret of NIMH' after having read the excellent children's book 'Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of NIMH'. The film was not excellent.
4. Five films that I watch a lot or that mean a lot to me:
- 'Raising Arizona' (like Aaron). So funny.
- 'The Hunt for Red October'. The only movie I've ever watched again the next morning. I almost never get tired of watching this movie. That goes for none of the other Clancy adaptations, but would for a basically unabridged 'Red Storm Rising', but that would be way too long to watch again the next day, so forget it.
- 'Star Wars: ANH, TESB, and ROTJ'. Shaped my childhood imagination.
- 'The Incredibles'. Have I mentioned I love this movie? ;-)
- 'Lord of the Rings'. Helpful supplement to the excellent novels ;-)
(Jeez. I don't really have many 'friends who would write back when two have already done it' on the Blogroll, do I?)
- From 'Stokes Kith and King', let's try Walter. (Certainly not Macon, since he didn't watch 'Gattaca'* when I insisted over and over that he should ;-)
- Bill H
* Holey mackerel! I knew 'Gattaca' must have meant something, but never put it together until I typed it just now. The title's made up only of letters we use to identify nucleotides in DNA! Google search. But you'd probably already thought of that, right? What can I say... I'm sharp ;-)