Wednesday, August 26

8/26 weight loss thoughts: Caloric failure!

Ok, yesterday was my first out and out calorie control failure. The other times I really binged were days off (which I have since done away with).

I was doing fine. Christine and Elizabeth were at dance (as usual ;-). Wil and I went to Chick-fil-a for carry out. We had a coupon for 3 chicken strips for him and I got the southwestern salad with grilled chicken. And we got a peach shake to share.

Still, it would have been ok, if Wil hadn't taken two bites and said he was done! Friends, I know it's wrong. It goes against everything everyone says about dieting. But I just could not let that shake go to waste. Couldn't even put it in the freezer to save it for later. It wouldn't be as good. So I ate the whole thing. I shudder to think how many calories were in that sucker. (You can look it up, but I'm not going to! ;-)

When I weighed in this morning, I was up a pound. Hard to believe that was from one shake in one day, but maybe. Before my shake disaster I was hoping to be at 205 today. My goal was to be at 205 by this Saturday. Will I make it? Will I have to extend?

(It wouldn't be the end of the world because, after all, I'm living healthy, and the weight will come off in time (barring any more shakes! ;-).)

Took another situp test last night, this time the President's Challenge Adult Fitness one instead of the SparkPeople one that rocked me.

And I did a little better. You might remember, these are 3.5 inches instead of 6 (in terms of how far you have to reach as you sit up). I did 40 in one minute to get 55th percentile. I'll be adding more of these nefarious situps into my routine, not least of all to do better on the tests! ;-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

But, it's Chick-fil-A. A worthy indulgence (if you had to fall)- it's the only place I will pick fried over grilled chix.

Sean Meade said...

i hear that, Lydia!