Tuesday, March 24

Loose End Links

Some links I've been saving to post.

+ Matt Haughey links two of the recent required reads re: the future of news, especially concerning all of the failing newspapers:
My short response is like Macon's that he put on Facebook the other day: I don't really care. The next version will rise up and, in most cases, leap-frog the legacy models that are too hide-bound (almost literally) to change. The State (our local newspaper) shouldn't be paying anyone to write any straight news about the nation or world that we can all get online for free. Simple, right?

+ Old news now, but GWB showed some real class in this regard: Bush says it's 'essential' to help Obama

+ How to Make Your Small Business Look Big

I've thought a lot about doing what Gina recommends here with Google Apps, but I don't think it's going to be worth it in the end. In fact, I have seanmeade.net set up with Google Apps right now, but it's not worth it to me to switch out of my normal Gmail account which has so much of my data and preferences.

+ My GrandCentral account got switched over to Google Voice. I upgraded and now need to start experimenting with it (having people that number instead). I'm excited about the possibilities. If you don't already have an account, it's not open yet, but you can sign up for when it is. And if you're interested, here are two posts about it:

No comments: