Sunday, October 26

I say 'O', you say 'bama'

Just when you thought the MSM was totally liberal... The State [SC] endorsed McCain ;-)

(The State really did endorse McCain. The smiley's there for my little MSM joke :-)

They've got good reasons. But, for my part, I view McCain as too excitable to want him as CinC.

McCain supported the Colombian free trade agreement, which is most definitely a good thing, and Obama did not.

Good point about McCain not applying judicial litmus tests.

And good point about McCain challenging his own party.

I don't need to rebut all of those because I've already run the numbers and we know they're pretty close for me on policy, some advantages to McCain and some to Obama.

One way to boil it down is what McCain said in one of the debates. We need a steady hand at the wheel right now...

And I think that's going to be Obama.

(Plus, as I've admitted this campaign, I'm biased to the left and almost always vote Democrat.)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't steady hands be a Dept of the Navy person? Speaking in generalities of course. ;~)

Stuart Berman said...

Unfortunately for me Obama can't pass the basic security checks required to be CofC. Check my post on Sunday about his significant affiliations.

Anonymous said...

You know, I wish I could get there with you. But when I watched SNL this weekend and cked out the singing skit and realized the other folks in the Dem Party that will be empowered by his Presidency, I decided to take a pass on Obama. http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/obama-address/787181/

Kathy said...

I just am not sure, and I'm not being obtuse here or deliberately argumentative, how any Christian (not just you, but all of us) can reconcile our beliefs with liberalism.

Plus, he just may be the anti-christ.

Macon said...

Sean, every time I think, "What kind of craziness is it that moves people towards Obama??" I think, "Well, Sean's not crazy, he likes Obama. There must be some non-crazy reasons, even if I don't agree with them."

So thanks for keeping me from my own prejudices.

Anonymous said...

Sean, sorry to post here but I'm getting a forbidden access to Thomas Barnett's website. I've received it from two different PC's logged on to 2 different networks.
Hearing about this from anyone else ?

Sean Meade said...

GSR: heh ;-)

Stuart: i read your recent posts and really don't agree. but thanks for your comment!

Kurt: that skit has amusing moments. i hear what you're saying (though it doesn't outweigh the other factors for me, obviously)

Kathy: i know you're not trying to be a jerk, but that comment's pretty hard to take without being defensive.

in my view, our beliefs are hard to reconcile with politics, GOP or Dem. however, voting seems to me to be better than not voting, though i respect the people who come to that conclusion.

Macon: thanks, bud. right back atcha :-)

Kathy said...

Yes I figured that people would become defensive, it's a weird election in that regard and one that I've really had a hard time with this go 'round. Sorry to be a git.

Sean Meade said...

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/git

git seems a little strong ;-)

Kathy said...

OK maybe, but still...I knew I wouldn't be able to ask (write) what is something I really would like to have an answer to without it seeming a bit like an attack.

So, no hard feelings I hope ;-)

said the waitress to the chef. said...

I am just happy that He's (O.) gotten down to assigning his apostles sooner than later. He's a planner.