Sunday, September 28

Politics, planes and Parkinson's

+ We continue to just talk past one another on politics. Just read your Facebook feed from Friday night. GOPs thought McCain clearly won; Dems, Obama.

+ Fallows says the same thing in this article.

Fallows says Obama 'won' the debate by being more convincing to those who are undecided. I'm inclined to agree with his argument, but I am biased.

+ I heard there's very little chance of surviving a water landing on an airplane. Turns out it's happened a few times. There's a chance.

+ Sergey Brin has a new weblog (via) and a post on Parkinson's Disease. After having recently read 'Before the Dawn' on Dan tdaxp's recommendation, I'm more interested in DNA than ever, including in getting my own sequenced with a service like 23andMe (but I'm not willing to drop the $400 right now).

2 comments:

Dan tdaxp said...

If you enjoyed Before the Dawn, then read A Farewell to Alms [1,2], which is a spiritual sequel, of sorts, that brings the story up to the late 19th century.

[1] http://www.tdaxp.com/archive/2008/01/20/review-of-a-farewell-to-alms-by-gregory-clark.html
[2] http://www.amazon.com/Farewell-Alms-Economic-History-Princeton/dp/0691121354

Sean Meade said...

thanks, Dan. it's on my dresser!