Monday, November 13

Football thoughts

Best thing I did yesterday was NOT watch football. Got A LOT more done, and my favorite teams and my fantasy team lost anyway, so...

I read the news today (oh, boy), tough, and I have at least one thought.

Jim Litke of AP says:

But [the Colts'] record accurately reflects how much better they are than the rest of the AFC, which by extension, puts them even further ahead of anybody the much-weaker NFC offers. That much was clear watching Chicago improve to 8-1 by beating the injury-riddled Giants in a mistake-packed game that was billed as "the two best teams in the NFC."

If that turns out to be true, give the points and take whichever team the AFC sends to the Super Bowl, then call the dealer and schedule delivery of your new, paid-up car for the first Monday in February.

I wouldn't have come up with something that colorful, and I don't plan on betting on the Super Bowl, but I certainly agree with the underlying proposition.
 
My basic rankings:

1. Colts (who still have to prove themselves in the playoffs)
2. Patriots, Broncos, Chargers, Ravens
3. Bears
4. Saints, Seahawks, Giants

No comments: