Wednesday, June 21

(some) Great videos on YouTube

Pitchfork Media (as seen EVERYWHERE) says they've got a hundred. I don't see that many. But I can point you to:

Page 1
+ Take on me - one of my all time faves.

Page 6
+ The robots. I'm a new convert to this song, having heard it in a mashup with Intergalactic.

Page 7
+ We will become silhouettes - directed by Jared Hess (Napoleon Dynamite). Another pretty Postal Service song.

Page 9
+ Stop me if you think that you've heard this one before. Unfortunately, I didn't start listening to the Smiths until 1990 (or so). But I had those glasses in 1987, just like Morrissey!
+ Once in a lifetime. Byrne doing his Bill Nye the Science Guy impression (and, thus, my friend, Bill M). Did you know this video was co-directed by Toni Basil?! She's got two in the top 100!
+ Voices carry. I sure do like this song (thought the video's just ok).

Did I miss any?

No comments: