Wednesday, August 31

Wednesday: Cartoons

+ This page linking cartoon songs sure brings back a lot of old memories.
  • I really liked The New Adventures of Flash Gordon and never got to see enough of it. [ Wikipedia page]
  • A lot of these shows have the theme from after they jumped the shark, thus the presence of Bat-Mite and Godzukie. Ugh.
  • The Superfriends, on the other hand, is nice and old school: the worlds four greatest heroes, two teen sidekicks, and Wonder Dog. Much preferable to the Wonder Twins and Gleek.
  • I thought I recognized the voice singing Hong Kong Phooey: Scatman Carothers - the murdered cook in The Shining and (known best by me) Scat Cat in The Aristocats, featured on the song 'Everybody want to be a cat'. Number 57 in The All-Time Top 100 Voices in the Movies .
  • As I look around in this vein I find The Top Seven Cartoons of My Childhood. I also really liked the Herculoids (which were on with Space Ghost, I think) and Thundarr the Barbarian. I liked anything fantasy of sci-fi including Space Ghost, Dungeons and Dragons, and Mighty Orbots. Unfortunately we never got Voltron. He-Man and Transformers were too juvenile ;-)

No comments: