Sunday, May 1

My first use of the free 25

Did you see that Rhapsody will give you 25 free plays each month? They think people will subscribe, which I will not. But I did try to very strategically use my 25 free plays. Here are the recent 3:
  • "My Happy Ending" - Avril Lavigne
  • "I Miss You" - Blink 182
  • "Seven Nation Army" - The White Stripes
I didn't play them in this order, but decided instead to try to go back in and arrange them by date. I'm not going to go look up the dates. This is to the best of my recollection. Here are the ones from the eighties:
  • "Running On Empty" - Jackson Browne
  • "Kiss On My List" - Hall & Oates
  • "I Ran (So Far Away)" - A Flock Of Seagulls
  • "Only Time Will Tell" - Asia
  • "The Best Of Times" - Styx
  • "Owner Of A Lonely Heart" - Yes
  • "Jessie's Girl" - Rick Springfield
  • "Video Killed The Radio Star" - The Buggles
  • "Come On Eileen" - Dexy's Midnight Runners
  • "The Reflex" - Duran Duran
  • "West End Girls" - Pet Shop Boys
  • "Africa" - Toto
  • "Don't Answer Me" - The Alan Parsons Project
  • "Voices Carry" - Til Tuesday
  • "Life In A Northern Town" - Dream Academy
  • "Take On Me" - A-Ha
  • "One For The Mockingbird" - Cutting Crew
  • "Roam" - The B-52's
  • "All I Want" - Toad the Wet Sprocket
I don't really want you to weigh in on if you like these or not, on if I had good taste in the eighties or not. See, that's the point: stuff from this age slips in before you develop taste. And it influences your later taste. What I'd be more interested in, if you feel so inspired, would be for you to reflect on your own nostalgic picks. Any of these in there? Any of these take you back? Others?

No comments: