Saturday, October 16

More del.icio.us

Bloglines, Flickr, and del.icio.us make RSS delectable. I'm using most of these techniques already (except for Flickr, since I'm not that into digital photography yet).

But I don't think the title's focus on RSS is most pertinent. RSS is a tool. It can do a lot of things. But the common power here is open, $free networks and tags (metadata).

Tags still need work. I'm told Flickr has support for multi-word tags. del.icio.us would be better with a standard (i use hyphenation for multi-word tags. underscoring would work, too.)

I'm excited about the possibilites of pasta: posting my text to del.icio.us.

A great tool would be an additional field in Blogger to tag every link i put in there with auto-posting to my del.icio.us. Maybe I'll just start manually writing in tags, which could help with simple searching. I don't want to do the redundant work of posting everything in del.icio.us that i post in Blogger.

Can anyone help me sharpen these ideas?

tags: del.icio.us, web, rss, tags

No comments: