Thursday, September 2

Steven den Beste is fed up

I haven't posted anything by or about Steven for a long time. I used to interact with him quite frequently. Lots of people dislike him, but I like him.

Checking out MeFi in the ol' newsreader yesterday, I was surprised to see that Steven is hanging it up, at least for now. The quote from Steven's post for the MeFi post caught my attention:
No matter what I write, and no matter what I say, there are always people who either think I was wrong, or think that there were things I left out and should have included. I've been putting up with that for two years, and I guess I'd gotten used to living with a low-level throbbing headache all that time... But for the last two weeks it's been gone. And I'm not so sure I want to go back to doing the activity which caused that headache... there's something wrong. I'm tired. Does this mean I'll never post again? Damned if I know. But it won't be soon.
My thought: If Steven's goal was to be regarded by his readers, both friend and foe, as all-inclusively correct, then it's no wonder he flamed out.

For my part, I wish him well.

No comments: