Monday, September 13

NewsFilter

Have I really not posted since Wednesday? Sorry about that. I've had some thoughts, but just havent' followed through.
Part of it is that I've finally gotten totally tired of the political posturing in the presidential campaign. It was only a matter of time. Issue wise (*gasp*):
  • I read an article recently (that I can't find today) where Nader said poor health care is a bigger danger than terrorism because more people die from it. I think there's something to that.
  • Bush has no room to talk about spending because he has spent so much money while cutting taxes. What's worse than tax and spend? Cut taxes and spend.
  • I don't get letting the ban on assault weapons lapse, either.
Blair's going to start pushing Bush on the environment. Do we owe Blair? Will that help him?

One of the most disturbing things about Israel's role in the conflict there is how much of it seems to be politically driven. I feel like Netanyahu's making a power play here, not pursuing what's best for peace.

No comments: