Saturday, April 26

What's the future of weblogging?

Wouldn't you like to know...

I don't know either. I don't even know what it is for me. I'm pretty tempted to switch over to Movable Type, like all of the cool kids, but I've never worked on a server before. Maybe I should and maybe I shouldn't. My logging has slacked off a lot lately. I still like it, but it can be hard to get to, especially when the kids are around. Part of me thinks I don't need to spend any more time at this, like learning MT and servers and such. Maybe TypePad will be an easy way to get the functionality of MT. I don't know. I certainly believe in the medium...

Jaq got me thinking about it reading his RSS flare (4.23, long ways down, permalink not working). He got me thinking and I commented and here's the gist of it: RSS isn't necessary yet, but I bet it might be down the road (we can adopt it then). It's tempting to implement it to be able to use Micah Alpern's Trusted Blog Search Tool (via Meg's presentation, with other interesting potential future apps in it.)

No comments: