Wednesday, June 13

Well, I went to the Open yesterday. It was very hot! Still, it was cool to see what goes on. I'm don't play golf at all. I watch it a little and mostly follow Tiger's exploits from a distance.

We didn't seem him, by the way. Let's just get that out in the open.

We did follow Sergio Garcia on holes 5, 6, 7, 8, and 9. It was okay. Also passed Nick Faldo.

The tickets I was given included admission to a corporate hospitality tent. It was air conditioned and featured all the food you can eat and all the drink you can, well, you know. They also had brownies and three different kinds of Haagen-Dasz bars. We availed ourselves coming and going.

It was cool to see, but I wouldn't have paid the 35$ myself, not to mention the 100$ for real rounds starting tomorrow.

My friend Mike said they had more people for the practice round on Monday than they had at the final the last time there was a major in town. Call it the Tiger Effect.

When I told the receptionist where I was going she said, 'Let me know if you see him.' You don't even have to say his name. The man is _the_ golf superstar.

No comments: