+ kottke had a great post about Olympic moments on YouTube:
One of the best ways to watch the Olympics is to chase down all the references made by NBC's commentators on YouTube and watch them in addition to (or instead of) the regular telecast. Here are some of the ones I've found.He's got some great stuff there I'd encourage you to check out. The two that make my greatest hits are:
- Kerri Strug's nailed vault on an injured leg, Atlanta, 1996 (which, lest you forget, though they thought they needed to win, they did not).
- Greg Louganis, Seoul, 1988, hitting his head then coming back to win the gold.
- The Miracle on Ice., Lake Placid, 1980. Still gives me chills.
- Torvill and Dean, Bolero, Sarajevo, 1984. I know Jaq and Kathy hate Bolero, but I don't, and this might be one reason why.
- Mary Lou Retton's perfect vault, LA, 1984.
- Australia's 4x100m relay at the 2000 Sydney games, anchored by Ian Thorpe.
How about you? What did I miss?