Monday, August 11

Superman, Batman and Fuelly

+ My buddy Lexington Green (not his real name) has a GREAT post over at Chicago Boyz about the REM classic cover, 'Superman', including the original by The Cliques, which I'd never heard before. I really like it. It's crazy.

+ From my work feeds, Defense Tech has an interesting post (with an excellent picture from 'The Dark Knight Returns' on the possible reality of Batman, pointing to an interview with a guy who wrote a book on the subject.

+ A really cool website that I neither need not want: Fuelly. Created in part by Matt Haughey, the mastermind behind MetaFilter and its associated sites:
Fuelly is a site that lets you track, share, and compare your gas mileage. Simply sign up, add a car, and begin tracking your mileage.

By recording and analyzing your mileage, you can see how much money you can save with small driving changes. You can also see how your mileage compares with EPA estimates and the mileage of other drivers using Fuelly. Tips and a discussion forum also offer ways to save. The site is free to use, so sign up to start tracking your miles today.
In my humble opinion, it's not worth all the work. Saving gas is not going to save the planet (which may not need environmental saving in the first place, and if it does, it's going to take something much bigger).

My opinion/position aside, it's cool and very well-done, like everything Matt does, and I wish him all the best.

No comments: