Saturday, August 16

Friday weigh-in

Ok, I did weigh-in yesterday; just didn't get it posted.

202. One pound down. Not as much as I would hope, but...

When I try to think on the positive side, this is life change, right? I'm trying to change how I eat for good. As long as I'm doing that and losing weight, I'll eventually get where I want to be.

Sure I wish it would be sooner. I even wish I had started on a lower-calorie diet to begin with, maybe even just liquids to get that first big bump I've gotten before.

Oh, well. The main thing is to be going in the right direction.

Further, when I got on the scale this morning (I weigh-in everyday, though many people say you shouldn't), I was 201.5. So more of the right direction.

I did all my push-ups this week, too, but came to realize I was a little mistaken last week. In the first week, you don't do the same numbers everyday: they change each day. I did 5 sets for a total of 41 push-ups Mon, Wed, and Fri. I was supposed to do 5 sets for 41, 54, and 63.

Oops. Corrected that this week, basically doing week 1 over again. No worries. Still getting good exercise, including yoga.

Please remember to pray for me/send positive thoughts my way. And thanks for your support this far!

2 comments:

Eric said...

Hi Sean--I don't get around to posting or commenting much these days (though, that will surely change with football season, where I can't keep my comments to myself!) However, I wanted to wish you luck on your health & fitness goals. I am going through the same struggles, though I feel like I'm putting together a pretty good year, at least on the exercise front. My diet still needs major improvement, and I'm starting to worry that I'm at the age where serious health problems are in store if I don't shape up. I have tried weight watchers several times, and I think it is the best program out there, although I'm not doing it right now. The weight truly does come off steadily if you stick with the program. And, it's not really that restrictive. Your pushup workout sounds interesting. At the beginning of the year, I started doing 10 pushups a day, and then increased by one each week, to where I was up to doing sets of about 30, even a couple of times a day. I might try out the routine that you've been writing about. Anyway, you've inspired me to start posting my weight on a weekly basis, for that extra little bit of accountability that might help. Anyway, good luck, and I will keep you in my prayers per your request. Hopefully, by the time the Vikings play the Patriots in the Superbowl this coming February, you will have reached your goal:)

Sean Meade said...

Eric,

great to hear from you! and thanks for the good wishes and prayers. if you've got some fitness stuff on the ball, that's better than nothing at all!

will you be posting weight on Streams of Consciousness? don't see it yet. i like your new profile pic, though.

Vikings/Patriots Super Bowl - you are so sweet! ;-)