Saturday, December 9

Trip Shakespeare!

Got a MySpace invite from an old college friend today and saw the Trip Shakespeare fan page on her profile. Fun! I changed my profile music to their Snow Days, even though we don't have any snow in SC :-(

They are also streaming Unlucky Lady, which I highly recommend.

I liked watching some of the videos, X-Ray and Pearle and Across the universe promo.

Also, from their page, I click over to Dan Wilson's MySpace page. He fronted TS and has gone on to a solo career. I didn't know he wrote Closing Time and I'm Not Ready To Make Nice, both Grammy nominated. I like the song Breathless that he's streaming.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Trip Shakespeare was, is and forever will be fronted by Matt Wilson-Dan's brother-not by Dan himself. Oh and by the way...Semisonic is the band that Dan is a part of...he is not exclusively on his own-rather, he does enjoy his own time and recording on his own, but Semisonic recorded Closing Time and published it on their second album-they have four out to date.

Signed,
Toolmaster of Brainerd and the guitar his dog had found.

Cheers!

Sean Meade said...

thanks for the schooling, Mr Master of Brainerd! i accept your corrections wholeheartedly (i was obviously a little sloppy with that post :-(