Saturday, November 6

Download (and Backup) Your Facebook Content

Got a lot of content on Facebook that you don't have anywhere else? Want a reliable backup?

I first tried SocialSafe, and even paid $3 for an early version, which so far has not worked for me. Trying their latest version right now, which seems to be choking on the size of my Fb footprint.

Then I found out that Fb has provided this functionality for a month now. How did I miss it?! It doesn't promise as much as SocialSafe, but it does deliver. Looks to me like the format you get it in is basic html.

The short, self-explanatory version is: Account > Account Settings > Download Your Information.

More:

Lifehacker: How to Download Your Information from Facebook
Facebook: Download Your Information

4 comments:

Jim said...

Great idea...

Sean Meade said...

yes, i am a genius ;-)

Jim said...

Good idea...thanks.

Jim said...

Well...no need to publish my comments since they are dupes!
Your call, of course.

Genius...!
;-)