Tuesday, November 3

Live Healthy: Catching up

Don't worry. I've been doing ok. Just haven't been posting about it :-)

+ The best news is that Friday I was down to 199! New low for this effort. Took the weekend off (Halloween and all). Back to work today. Reasonably, based on how I've been doing, I'd like to lose 2 more pounds by Thanksgiving.

+ I've had this nagging feeling that I should be doing more body weight exercises on Thursdays. Tuesday and Saturday have been my normal days, and I'm probably not going hard enough to have to take Thursdays off. So I added up 10 negative pullups (really have been meaning to do more of these), some miscellaneous exercises from Wil's physical therapy (I do it with him sometimes, mostly as a means of supervision), some of the exercises that came with my new stability ball (that I got with my SparkPeople gift certificate for pre-ordering 'The Spark') and a couple more. That felt more like it ;-)

+ Rode >12 miles in an hour with my father-in-law on Saturday during the second half of the Iowa game.Considering how tumultuous that game was, it was probably for the best ;-)

Rode down on the Three Rivers trail and it was a beautiful day, but not too crowded. I really bombed the southern end, including the boardwalk portion. Fun to go fast!

+ Jogged 2.4 miles in 25 minutes with my friend, Scott, on Sunday. I felt good about my pace and endurance.

Experiencing a very little soreness in my knees that I'm paying attention to. Probably normal and nothing to worry about.

That was the end of week 6 of Couch-to-5K training. It was also the end of walk breaks. 25 minutes of jogging per outing (3) this week, 28 next week and 30 the following week. Then, the Sleigh Bell Trot. Will I be able to achieve my goal of 31 minutes (6 mph)? Stay tuned! ;-)

3 comments:

deichmans said...

Great news!

Have your running shoes been properly fitted for you (e.g., do you under- or over-pronate)? That might be one explanation for the mild soreness in your knee.

Also, you want a thin wicking sock specifically for running -- not one too soft or cushioned.

Finally, where in your knee is sore? Outside lower? I get some soreness here pretty frequently, so I bought a magnetic strap to secure the area around my calf's insertion. Just keep an eye -- running through soreness is the mark of a champion, running through real pain is the mark of an idiot.

Sean Meade said...

uh, no (running shoes) and no (thin socks). i will look into that.

hard to pinpoint, but outside lower sounds right. i have seen those straps and was wondering if one would help me. might have to look into that, too...

good advice. thanks!

Paul Stokes said...

Awesone, Sean!