Monday, October 15

What is my problem?

+ defective yeti is hosting a group reading of Catch-22. I'm seriously thinking of joining in, especially since I've never read it before...

+ Al's Nobel leaves me cold (get it? ;-). As usual, I agree with Bjorn Lomborg instead. Check out his op-ed on the occasion. (via tdaxp?)

+ Led Zeppelin is finally distributing their music digitally. Time for me to pick up 'Cashmere'.

+ Dan had a bad football day, but I, finally, had a great football weekend. The Hawks and the Gamecocks won on Saturday. The Vikings and Patriots won on Sunday. Heck, my fantasy team even almost won (anchored by Tomlinson, Brees, Welker, and Jones-Drew), but my brother had Brady and Peterson.

Heck (Marshall, you still reading?), Jeff Gordon even won on Saturday. He's the NASCAR driver I'd pull for if I followed it at all.

That's all for now!

7 comments:

Dan tdaxp said...

You support the Vikings?????

Marshall Benbow said...

Yeah yeah Jeff Gordon blah blah blah.
Even with Brady and Peterson, how did your fantasy team lose?

Was at the race on Sat and had a hot pass, which meant I was in the pits during the race. Way cool.

Jay@Soob said...

Very much liked Lormberg's op-ed.

Not a huge fan of Zeppelin though I have warmed to them over the years.

Titans lost (damn that "better with age" Jeff Garcia) but the Giants are winning (21-10 as of this comment.)

NASCAR? Rally or F-1 for me. Much respect for the stamina of any man (or woman) that can handle a machine for 500 miles at ridiculous speeds even if they only turn left. But not so much for the watching.

Anonymous said...

Don't forget...The Indians! (Cleveland) I used to go to their opener every year back in the day...or most years, some years...whatever...good memory.

Sean Meade said...

D: yep. been a Vikings fan since 1st grade. mostly heartache.

M: Gordon! ;-)

i know. my fantasy fortunes have plummeted since i beat you for a championship a few years ago ;-)

glad you got to go to the race with a hot pass!

S: thanks for weighing in :-)

J: glad for you with the Indians. but i kind of pull for the Red Sox: Moneyball, almost as cursed as the Cubs - that type-stuff.

Dan tdaxp said...

I'm... saddened... by your allegiance to the Vikings. I'm surprised Tom hasn't converted you to the Green Bay gospel. (Maybe it's a Catholic thing...)

Btw, Osborne' in as AD and Callahan's all but fired at the end of the season, so at least the bad day generated some good news :-)

Sean Meade said...

are you a Packers fan?

i'm saddened that you don't know that long-time sports loyalties aren't loyalties if you don't stick to them.

otherwise, i'm saddened that you're a Nebraska fan.