Thursday, January 19

The wisdom of defense and making your shots

+ Ooh! I've got a great idea. I'm skimming The Wisdom of Crowds and I like it pretty well. How could I best use something like that? Answer: fantasy football! I set up a site where players bet (with virtual money) on how well they think the top players will do next season. The results will be the best predictions you can get. When we start getting some good results, new folks have to pay a nominal fee for results and the right to vote. Time and chance can and will happen with those predictions. But, if Suroweicki is right, they'll be the best predictions anyone can make.

+ It doesn't bother me that Iowa isn't shooting very well as long as they play good defense and make their free throws. Climbed our way back up to AP #23.

No comments: