Tuesday, October 25

Lone star statements

The defective yeti, Matthew Baldwin, took that Time list of best novels I linked a few days ago and went to Amazon and copied some of the one-star reviews of those books. The results, predictably, are absolutely hilarious. Put down what you're doing and run, don't walk, to read this article. Major impression: I forget people this dumb are on the loose. Two samples to whet your appetite:

Lord of the Flies (1955)
Author: William Golding
"I am obsessed with Survivor, so I thought it would be fun. WRONG!!! It is incredibly boring and disgusting. I was very much disturbed when I found young children killing each other. I think that anyone with a conscience would agree with me."

The Lord of the Rings (1954)
Author: J.R.R. Tolkien
"The book is not readable because of the overuse of adverbs."

No comments: