Saturday, November 20

Back-log

Matt had the linky goodness the other day, complete with downloads.
  1. Is the guitar riff from 'Smells like teen spirit' really a tweaked version of 'More than a feeling'? I find it hard to believe. Pop is a pretty simple medium. Riffs get repeated inadvertantly, subconciously or totally unconciously. The post contains an mp3 of the riffs juztaposed. What do you think? (I'd especially like to hear from my readers who are musicians...)
  2. Matt got sound-bit on Marketplace.
  3. The Top 40 Bands In America Today survey. This post has numerous downloads, too. Top one I can claim some familiarity with: Springsteen at number 11. I've heard of Wilco at number 2, and that I should check 'em out, but I haven't yet.

It looks like Steve Spurrier really is coming to SC. I have mixed emotions. I want SC to win, and he can probably get that done. But I don't like Spurrier.

John Hardy has two posts referring to the work at Topper that I posted on recently.

Bush twins try to get a table at a NYC restaurant, maitre 'd tells them the restaurant is full for the next four years Bush twins try to get a table at a NYC restaurant, maitre 'd tells them the restaurant is full for the next four years. (on Gawker via kottke)

Also via kottke: Bill Gates gets 4 million emails a day, most of which are spam.
Ballmer said Microsoft has special technology that just filters spam intended for Gates. In addition, several Microsoft employees are dedicated to ensuring that nothing unwanted gets into his inbox.

No comments: