Saturday, December 6

Getting up to speed

I'm so excited. Now I'm playing with power: I just installed DSL at home. I'm downloading applications and surfing like a madman.

Finally watched The Return of the King trailer and really enjoyed it.

Checked out the latest Finches' Wings and defective yeti to great effect. Found out on Collaboratory that many surviving firemen of the NYFD have left their wives and married their friends' widows. Ewww.

I have finished 'Longitude' by Dava Schobel, 'An Illustrated Brief History of Time' by Stephen Hawking, 'Gates of Fire' by Stephen Pressfield, and the massive, 926 page 'Taiko' by Eiji Yoshikawa. 'Gates of Fire', especially, was excellent. I highly recommend it.

As you can see, I've been pretty into historical fiction. What's your favorite? (I'm going to ask on Collaboratory, too.)

Next up, 'Six Easy Pieces' by Richard Feynman and 'A Game of Thrones' by George RR Martin on Jaq's recommendation.

I have also been enjoying Jimmy Fallon's 'Troll Doll Celebrities' quite a bit, like, I wake up with it in my head first thing in the morning

No comments: