Sunday, May 11

This is totally over the line, but I got to thinking maybe I could rewrite the whole thing. (I tried to find an mp3, but couldn't. Sorry.) Whadda ya' think?

I remember readin' kottke.org
when kids were tradin' for Pikachu
I remember writin' on MetaFilter
(my number's 252)
and I was readin' Robot Wisdom
when all my friends
were still groovin' in their Hondas to Jewel
I was loggin' when loggin' wasn't cool.

I remember sayin' 'Not really'
when people said 'You're a geek.'
I remember talkin' bout' y2k
with my tongue firmly placed in my cheek
I was surfin on the Web
not goin' to the mall
when everyone was groovin to La Vida Loca
I was loggin' when loggin' wasn't cool.

Oh, I was loggin' when loggin' wasn't cool.
I was loggin', though some thought we were fools.
I still act and look the same:
What you see ain't nothin' new.
I was loggin' when loggin' wasn't cool.

[instrumental bridge]

Now Google's bought our Blogger, Microsoft's in line
some say it's noise, not signal, but we're all still doin' fine
I was loggin' when loggin wasn't cool.

No comments: