Friday, September 5

100!

Well, I did 100 push-ups Wednesday night.

Now, I did them in the space of about 3 hours, which is pretty spread out, but still, not too bad, aye?

Furthermore, something between my diaphragm and chin, including my arms, is usually sore or uncomfortable at this point, even between Friday and Monday, when I get two days off.

With the soreness, I come to my push-ups thinking there's no way I'll finish them all, but I did Wednesday.

100 more tonight, or I'll at least try it. And I need to rest less between the five sets this time (which could well affect my ability to do all 100 in 5 sets).

Still stuck on week three of the Hundred Push-up Challenge. Find myself sometimes wondering why I took this on, when I prefer lifting weights, but I'll stick with it for now.

And I do feel like I'm seeing some difference in tone and mass (either that, or it's just the soreness ;-), so that's a good thing.

4 comments:

Paul Stokes said...

Awesome!

Sean Meade said...

thanks, Paul. more to come soon (last night was not so great :-(

Jay@Soob said...

If I remember right Herschel Walker never lifted a weight throughout his career. Instead he'd pound out pushups and situps in the thousands on a daily basis.

Sean Meade said...

right you are, Jay. i even read/scanned some book about it once.